Marketing Strategist & Front-end Web Developer
I’m Matt - a lover of all things marketing, advertising and tech. I started my career working in the San Francisco Bay Area and have since worked with companies large and small, all over the world. I have a keen eye for growth opportunities and enjoy pushing limits with both traditional and experimental marketing and ad campaigns.
Data is a friend of mine. I have strong analytical skills and know the value of identifying trends in data sets to optimize current and future marketing efforts. I’m a consumer as much as I am a strategist - my work experience in combination with my exploration of the buyer’s journey in various industries and markets all over the world gives me the ability to build everything from brand to product, start to finish.
- ResidenceBangkok, Thailand // Oakland, California, USA
- Phone+66 64 591 0959 // +1 (510) 984-4058
- Freelance & ContractAvailable
What I Do
I worked with Matt at SmartZip when he was the Front End Developer and I was the Senior Graphic Designer. I worked with Matt for two years and we had a lot of fun working in an open and honest collaborative environment. Matt is an amazing talent in our industry. His ability to foresee problems on the roadmap are impressive. Unafraid to speak-up when it's necessary, you can count on Matt to be candid and clear. I have seen him put amazing and beautiful websites and landing pages together, with an emphasis on simplicity and function.
I think Matt's ability to see how things could be better really helped our team learn and grow in his time at SmartZip. His tireless efforts under deadlines was appreciated. Always a team player, you could count on Matt to support you, encourage you, and be a conscious contributor. I miss working with him all day, every day.
Matt is a superstar to work with. He works with a great balance of high energy and consistent/controlled thinking. He is very receptive to his clients' needs, listens to exactly the goals and expectations of them, and implements this into his work masterfully.
Matt is fantastic at creating websites, managing an individual's or company's online presence and always has fresh ideas for marketing and development.
He is always upbeat and rationale in his dealings with clients. Matt is a delight to work with and I recommend his work at the highest levels.
I would highly recommend Matt for any of your website design needs. He's very proficient, professional, and able to work with your needs. I was interested in working with with someone side-by-side in order to learn basic coding and design to upkeep my squarespace site moving forward. A lot of people were unwilling to meet up with me.
In comes Matt! We spent an afternoon on my site and it looks really professional, functional, and I now know how to go in and make tweaks and changes moving forward. Don't think twice about working with this guy.
I have worked with Matt for more than a year at SmartZip, where we collaborated on a great number of long-term projects and daily tasks. Matt is a highly dynamic, creative and thoughtful developer and it's been a pleasure to work with him.
While many developers prefer to work in black-and-white, Matt proactively seeks out as much information as possible before offering intelligent solutions to problems big and small. And even when deadlines are looming, he keeps a level and calm demeanor -- empowering everyone on the team to do the same. He is a great team player who elevates everyone around him.
I have and will continue to recommend Matt as a whiz developer who can also speak to best practices in marketing, content and social media with ease and aplomb.
Below is some of my most recent experience. Download my full CV here.
2011 - CurrentMemo Pte. Ltd.
Front End Web Developer, Business Consultant & Marketing Strategist
- Web development, social media strategy, corporate branding, marketing development and PPC advertising for a variety of online and brick-and-mortar companies globally
- Production of Search Engine Optimized content in the form of blogs, video productions, copywriting, and social media postings using best SEO practices.
- Providing administrative and developmental assistance in the early stages of starting up a business creatively, efficiently and sustainably.
- Consulting with clients about using Google products (Analytics, Adwords & Adsense) to optimize their sales processes and increase ROI and conversions.
2018 - 2019Optimail Co. Ltd.
Email Deliverability Expert
- Integrated a system of checks for ensuring inbox deliverability for a daily high volume of transactional emails sent by Optimail for clients.
- Maintained IP address integrity across a variety of servers being used to send transactional emails.
- Wrote website content for corporate website projects for clients in the FinTech and IT sectors, with a specialized focus on the science of email deliverability as a component of marketing and sales strategy.
- Created, tested and deployed HTML templates for use in automated transactional emails.
2014 - 2016SmartZip
Front End Web Developer
- Maintained, built features and enhanced the corporate marketing website:
- Hosted and maintained the site in an AWS instance
- Expanded the front end layout of the site by utilizing the Foundation framework
- Built and utilized a development environment for stability and performance testing before deploying code into production using AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Built landing pages for lead-generation to support all marketing campaigns, including email marketing campaigns, trade shows, and sales efforts and promotions.
- Created lead-capture pages for on-demand webinars hosted by the company, the videos for which I hosted and tracked campaigns, analytics, ROI and conversion rates via the Wistia platform.
- Collaborated with the engineering and design teams to create modern and innovative ways of introducing new feature updates to the SaaS platform as they were released.
- Regularly filled in to build and test email marketing campaigns, as well as create lists for segmentation upon deploying the campaigns to maximize the ROI and increase lead-generation to support sales.
- Fully integrated Google Analytics into the corporate marketing site and all landing pages for more efficient and data-driven decision-making for future marketing campaigns and features needed for the site, landing pages and emails.
- Used Google Webmaster Tools, SEO best practices, and customized a PHP sitemap plugin to organically move SmartZip to the top of the Google search results for many of the top-performing keywords most prevalent in the real estate technology space, putting the company ahead of many competitors in the industry.
2013 - 2014WizeCommerce
Email Marketing Manager
- Managed the entire production process of all marketing email campaigns being deployed, including:
- Creating a schedule and deadlines for the creative team for each email
- Coding, cross-browser testing and deploying the email campaigns
- Segmenting lists and deploying all campaigns with the Silverpop platform
- Compiled data from email marketing campaigns and presented findings to upper-management, detailing the costs and the ROI of each campaign so to help plan for more successful and innovative campaigns in the future.
- Collaborated with the UI/UX Design & Q/A teams to make changes and build features for the front end of the corporate website.
- Designed web ads and logos for a variety of new sites being acquired by Wize Commerce, as well as for email marketing campaigns.
Certified provider of support, design and integration for the following Google products: Analytics, Adsense, Adwords.
2006 - 2010School of Journalism
University of Florida
Telecommunications & Production, minor French Language